Tuesday, July 20, 2010

HenoHenoMohe JA!



I remember drawing this face even before I started writing. Even after I learned how to write Hiragana, I used it to doodle, or fill a blank face if I didn't feel like giving it sparkly anime eyes. It's nothing pretty, but it's one thing every Japanese person knows how to draw. Like a stick man, as good or as bad as one may draw it, you still know that it's a stick man (unless you're my dad). I think that's how it works with "henohenomoheji" as well.

It is a face that was often used on scarecrows in Japan using the letters "he", "no", "mo", and "ji", all adding up to "henohenomoheji". Yah, unless you know what the letters look like, this still won't make sense right? Breakdown:



And for the purpose of this blog and profile picture, I just altered the "ji" to "ja" for Japa Stuff, that looks like this:



so that's how the profile pic came to be! Nice to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment